Someone gave me an foolproof ice cream recipe which does not need ice cream maker, boiling or eggs! Sorry that I can't post the recipe here cos I do not have her permission to do so.
However, I did trial and error and had developed my own sherbat (read: sor-bay). It is not as easy as the original recipe but not too difficult either!
200g sugar (i made with 160g but it is very very sour...)
juice from 4 lemons
1 egg white
- Boil sugar and water. Stop stirring when the sugar dissolves.
- Pare the rind thinly from 2 lemons.
- Simmer the rind for 2 min without stirring. Cool then chill.
- Squeexe juice from lemon. Add to syrup.
- Strain the syrup into a shallow freeze proof container.
- Freeze for 4 hours until it is mushy.
- Use the fork to break up the ice particles until it is smooth.
- Lightly whisk the egg white until it is frothy. Beat into the sorbet and return the tub to freezer.