Pages

Banner

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cheddar Cheese Cupcake



I had been wanting to use up the balance cheddar cheese but have been sitting on it. My excuse? No good recipe.

Well, I found a couple of recipes which are largely based upon a pound cake. I do not like the heavy dense type of cake.

Just before the cheese going to past the shelf good, I decide to improvise a good butter cake recipe.

I packed a few for Sheen's tea break. He came home to tell me that his Kiffer (his classmate) said there are worms on top of the cheese. "I know he said this cos he wants me to let him eat the yummy cake! His mummy dun know how to make this."
That's why motherhood is a never give up job! I gladly slave my life away for my baby.
Most kids love cheese. Hope you try cake this for your baby too... it is so moist and tender. Your love ones will thank you for these cuppies!

-----------------------------------------

Cheddar Cheese Cupcake
170g unsalted butter, softened
180g castor sugar
200g self rising flour
1 large egg
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml evaporated milk or dairy whipping cream
90g of cheddar cheese, finely grated


  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Prepare cupcake cases/muffin pan.


  2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle, on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until fluffy for about 2 minutes.


  3. Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla and golden syrup until well-combined.


  4. On low speed, add flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with evaporated milk/whipping cream.


  5. Switch mixer to medium and beat for 10 to 15 seconds, just until batter appears uniform.


  6. Gently fold in 80g of grated cheddar cheese.


  7. Pour batter into cupcake case and sprinkle balance cheese on top.


  8. Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until it a skewer comes out clean. Do not overbake.


Notes:

  • I usually use salted butter for butter cake cos I find that little salt actually bring out the flavour better than unsalted butter. However unsalted butter is preferred here cos the cheese has pretty high salt content already.


  • Cheddar cheese is those comes in block. A blue box that comes under Kraft brand.

4 comments:

MaryMoh said...

Looks delicious. Would be great with a cup of tea.

Cookie said...

You are right - tea cuts the richness!!!

Anonymous said...

mm something savoury!
looks interestingly good!

Cookie said...

Fe,
it's very very good... die die must bake!