We happily set off. Enjoyed a short 15min ride in the car. Reached. Off the engine and walked to the car boot to take his school bag. *SCREAM* agh, I didn't bring his bag!!!
*Tear my hair*
I promised Sheen a baking session for the boo-boo. And since I have some leftover cream cheese from the last cookie ; this is just the one! The original recipe requires an egg yolk but that means I have to store the balance egg white... In the end, I decided to omit the egg yolk altogether. The version is after my mod.
Delicious Cream Cheese Cookies (Eggless Cut out cookie)
Adapted from Aunty Yochana
150 gm. Butter
80 gm. cream cheese, room temperature
100 gm. castor sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
200 gm. plain flour
80 gm. cornflour
½ tsp. baking powder
- Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese till soft and creamy. Add in vanilla extract.
- Add in plain flour, cornflour and baking powder and mix till a soft pliable dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough and chill in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- cut into shapes of your choice. Decorate as desire.
- Place onto baking tray and bake in a preheated oven @150C for about 20 mins or until lightly browned on edge.
- Cool well and store in airtight containers.
This makes a very pretty cut out cookie; it has fair & smooth surface. The edge is crisp and sharp.