Pages

Banner

Friday, November 27, 2009

Presenting My First Cake Order...

This is a birthday cake for my dear brother in law. And technically this is an order. My sister paid for it :-)



She originally wanted the hazelnut mousse which I made for Sheen's 5th birthday but I have no more of the ingredients on hand... so she settled for a black forest cos her girls love it.
I do not want to have a black forest that looks exactly like a black forest... so I did mine with a light twist.
The star in the centre of the cake symbolise this role in the family!
These are the words she wanted on the cake - its her hubby's b'day on the 10th day of the 10th lunar month. I made them on a fondant which she places on the cake when ready:


Since my piping skill sucks, I relied on the letter press. It's just a pity that the letter press is not as easy to use as i wish. Putting the letters into the holder itself is a labourious task!

Looks like i should really work on my piping skills to save all the hard work.

2 comments:

mui mui said...

Thank you very much for the lovely and tasty cake. This must be the most value for money cake I have ever ordered - with sisterly love included.

We love the cake so much. Only 2 pathetically small slices are left as of today (now specifically).

Really appreciate your thoughts and thanks zillionly much for taking the trouble to bake on a weekday amidst your busy schedule.

Smooch smooch...

Cookie said...

Happiness is knowing the hard work went well into happy tummy!!!

You should know how stress I was to make sure i made it in time for the celebration =p