Pages

Banner

Sunday, April 4, 2010

芒果西米露 Mango & Tapioca Pearls Dessert



The last time I made 杨枝甘露 I only used 1 segment of the pomelo, saving the rest in the fridge. Pretty being forgotten, and ended up in the bin.

This is now the thai mango season. The saccharine sweet and frangrant thai honey mango is so toothsome!

So this time round I made a simplier version, leaving out the pomela. Awesome dessert. My family loves this!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Mango & Tapioca Pearls Dessert 芒果西米露


Ingredients:
Mangoes ~300g,
Mangoes, puree ~200g,
Sago 100g
Marigold or any Mango Drink or mango yougurt 500ml
Evaporated milk 100ml
Sugar, if need

To make:
prepare sago: soak rinsed sago in a pot for 30min. Add it into a big (I mean BIG) pot of boiling water. You need a big pot cos the sago will expand thrice the volume when done. Leave it to boil until the sago turn translucent, off the fire. Run the cooked sago under running water. Drained and set aside. (see notes * below)

If adding sugar: Dissolve the sugar in evaporated milk & mango juice.
Put everthing into a big pot. Chill well before serving.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Notes *:I re-post the points on cooking sago here cos my colleague told me her's turn out to be soft and mushy:
1. do not soak for more than 30min. It will all turn mushy if too long. Can skip this step if no time, its ok; will just take a few more minutes to cook.

2. The water must be boiling when adding the sago, otherwise it will again turn all mushy.

3. The pot must be big – I use my tefal wok to cook 100g of sago. Besides having a large surface area, the back base also makes it easy for me to check if the sago has turned translucent.

4. Once it turn translucent, run it under cold/tap water to stop the cooking. This is to ensure the sago maintains the QQ texture.

6 comments:

MaryMoh said...

Mmm.....I can even have this the moment I get up from bed. Looks very delicious!

Cookie said...

Hi Mary, you sound like my MIL - she can have mangoes for her 3 meals!

Mr. Pineapple Man said...

yum yum yum!!! that looks so delicious! thanks for the recipe!

Cookie said...

Hi MPM,
you are welcome.

PS: I like your nickname!

Tebonin said...

This is the best dessert I can make my bf love it.
It comes well with watermelon as well. Love it.

Cookie said...

Tebonin,
Good to hear that your bf likes them... My hubby loves it with watermelon too... to him, it is more "cooling" than mango.