Friday, May 21, 2010
Nigella's Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins
Finally, I am back to my blog.
You see I have been really busy getting ready to move to a new city soon. Trying to stuff a 1600sq ft apartment into a 20 foot container is killing me. I had to go thru all the junks that I have collected over the 8 years, deciding if the item should be shipped, given away or just dump...
In addition, I had to manage a handover to my colleague, onboarding for my new job, running around gathering the daunting list of documents for the visa application.
I am exhausted at the end of the day, leave alone baking or blogging.
I ask for your forgiveness. I lied. Yes I should be busy packing up, doing a orientation for the poor chap who has to take over my work in Singapore. And yes, i should be busy with the visa thingy. But truth is, i have done little in those are where I should have.
What is taking up all my time and energy is the silly Happy Aquarium in Facebook. First I played the game using Sheen's account... then slowly I realised that I need to have more "neighbours" to help me get ahead in the game. So I played with my account, Hubby's account etc. I even went to the extend to research what type of fish helps me make more profit etc. All in the name of a silly virtual pets!
Yo. Absolutely time waster. And I ought to be ashame of myself!
It must be between the fish feeding that I managed to find time to make this muffins. These are the leftover raspberries from my niece's birthday cake which needs to be used up before it is gone for good!
I picked muffin cos it takes very little time to prepare. Simply fold in the wet ingredients into the dry. Bake. Done.
Tartness from fresh raspberries complements very well with the sweet white chocolate. The colour goes very well too!
Enjoy, while I get back to tend my tanks!
RASPBERRY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
Recipe from here
300g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g golden caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
approx. 100g raspberries
approx. 110g white chocolate
some muffin cases
1. Pre-heat oven to 200/gas mark 6
2. Half the raspberries and chop chocolate into large chunks.
3. Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl.
4. Stir sugar into flour mixture.
5. Melt the butter (I find this easiest in microwave for approx. 30 seconds)
6. In separate bowl crack the egg, whisk in the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter.
7. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
8. Fold in raspberries and white chocolate (Using a metal spoon is best as this avoids most damage to raspberries.) Be careful not to be too rough, as raspberries will be easily damaged.
9. Cook for approx. 30 minute or until muffins are risen and firm.
10. Enjoy best warm, but careful for hot chocolate!!