J does not like cake. He finds the cream more "yucks" then "yum", so this birthday I thought a birthday cookie will delight him.
I used the usual chocolate chip recipe, and baked it in the Pooh mold. Nutella is used to paint the eyebrown etc... really simpler and faster than baking a cake which will not be appreciated after all. :-)
This celebration means alot to us - I am grateful to him for putting his career on hold so that I can fulfil my dream to live in a the angmoh city! I am not good in saying anything mushy... just want to borrow this part from my fav drama "Down with Love" :
Will post the recipe shortly; am having problem with my word document now :-(
Updated 30/8 with recipe:
Modified from here :
Chocolate Chunk Cookie
2 cups (260 grams) all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups (210 grams) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Place one oven rack in the top third of the oven, and one oven rack in the bottom third of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2 - 3 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into about 1/4" thick. Press the mould over the dough, and remove the excess. ALternatively, put some dough inside the mould, and use a spoon to flatten out the dough, and fill up all the edges.
- Bake the cookies for about 15-17 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time.
- The cookies are done when they are light golden brown in color and just set. They will still seem a little soft but they will firm up as they cool. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.