Pages

Banner

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oreo Cupcake

I think this is the first cake since I am back to Singapore almost a year ago.
Glad I did cos this recipe is simple yet yummy...  Any Oreo lover shouldn't miss this.
 

Ingredients

250g butter
1 cup sugar (I reduced by 3tbsp)
2 cups self rising flour - sift
1 tsp baking powder – sift (I used double action cos that's what I have)
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
8~10 oreos – crushed (with the cream)

Method

  1. Whisk butter, sugar, self raising flour, baking powder, eggs and vanilla essence for 2 mins.. dont overbeat ok..
  2. Stir in ur crushed oreos and thats it.. 
  3. Pipe batter into cupcakes casing
  4. Baked in preheated oven of 170C for abt 10 to 15mins

Ready to go!
I added a piece of Oreo before topping it up with batter.


Source: Bisous A Toi

Initially I wasn't sure of beating every thing up together.  I was thinking about the gluten etc that will make the cake tough, but all work out in the end.
Crushing the Oreo is probably the messiest part if you are chopping by hand. You get crumbs all over the place and cleaning up is no fun.  Well, not unless you have a domestic help.  I don't have 1, so I do it in the food processor which is alot easier!
I baked to try out this thingy! *LOL*

If you are still skeptical about the method, here's another recipe that I have bookmarked for the longest time.  It takes a bit more work though...

No comments: