This is actually a metaphor of my Lychee Muffin posted last week. All I did was to replace all-thing Lychee with all-thing Peach.
Go ahead to play with different ingredients!
240g self rising flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, any size
160g fine sugar
260 g canned peach
160ml sunflower oil
8 tbsp peach juice (reserved from the canned peach)
- Cut peach into small pieces. You do not need to cut them very finely cos it will "shrink" after baking. Use the paper towel to pat them dry. Coat them lightly with some flour. This will prevent the fruit from sinking into the bottom during baking.
- Mix flour and salt well. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a mixer at medium high speed for 3 minute till pale coloured and triple its volume.
- Using a spatula (or a large spoon), fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Be careful not to burst the tiny air pockets within the beaten egg so as to prevent the muffin becoming too dense and heavy). It's ok for the mixture to be a little lumpy.
- Set the mixture aside for 30min to allow it to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Fill the muffin cases to 3/4 mark. Add the fruit to the mixture in the muffin case as you scoop.
- Bake for 25min till golden brown or when the inserted toothpick comes out clean.