Pages

Banner

Saturday, August 1, 2009

1 New Toy and 1 New Discovery of myself


Ya, I've finally got a new toy... A "surprise" from J. Some will think that this is a very unromantic gift but I have absolutely no complaints!




I have been swinging my mind between Kitchenaid and Kenwood in the last 2 weeks. If I may add to the dilemma, I love the clean lines of Kmix too!

The more I think, the more blur I get. The more clarify I try to seek, the more confused I get. In the end, I resort to putting it down in writing, comparing side by side what i want vs. what they offer. (J says this is a typical analyst's approach!)

after rounds of ticking and cross out on my little excel table, I decided I should forgo the sexy KAid for the fuddy-duddy Kenwood. The one I got cost a little more but supposedly functionally better. My sister-in-law has been using hers in the last 16 years. She uses her machine regularly since she sells her bakes, mind you.

In this exercise, I finally come to realise that I am a down-to-earth boring mummy after all. It brought me years back when my Presea was due for scrape, and I was ding-donging between a lemony beetle and RAV4. Beetle was hot then... and I thought it would enhance my hippy image for my friends to envy... while RAV4 is the sporty SUV that is a lifestyle car for the young (and rich).

1 month later, I signed on the dotted line for a uncle-ly Camry. No hippy image, no lifestyle car. I got a car which my parents can comfortable get into the back seat without breaking their back or the help of a ladder.

As for my dreams???

I left them in the dreams.

That's where they should be.

5 comments:

dk said...

=) new toy. Enjoy!

Elyn said...

Congrats in getting your new toy!! I could totally understand how it feel to get something you really like, I could still remember the time when I got my KA too! Look forward to more of your bakes :)

Carrie said...

Aww.. the kenwood mixer is such a beauty! I wish for 1 tooo... Aww... *goo goo gah gah-ing*


Rgds,
carrie

petite nyonya said...

Hey, congrats!!! You got it! Good choice indeed! As for me I'm still ding-donging. But it'll be either this KW titanium like yours or KitchenAid Pro (not the Artisan series). I checked around on Cuisinart which I was keen on, but can't be found here.

have you started using yr new toy yet? how do you find it?

petite nyonya said...

Btw, what are the free gifts that come with your KW Chef?