Pages

Banner

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chocolate Moulding Class at Artistiq Sugarpaste

I guess I should have known better that this is a chocolate moulding class when I signed up. For only $60, I should not expect to learn about tempering chocolate - a process where temperature control forces chocolate into one particular crystalline form so that when molded it forms a stable solid with a smooth shiny surface.

But again, if it is simply melt and pouring into the mould, I have already done it with Sheen before.

Since I am already here, I might as well have some fun!


These are included in the course fee - 2 chocolate mold + 1 small pack of colour choc candy:



I made these 2 lollies in the class:



and 2 of the bear lollies. Oops, I broke the ears:

4 comments:

ann low said...

Happy New year and wishing you & your family all the best for the coming year.

Cookie said...

Anncoo,
Have a blessed year ahead!

Gina Choong said...

cookie, chocolate tempering usually take 2 days course. And expensive too. the last time i check was S$250. Conducted by Palate Sensation's Chef trainer Lynn Chen. What Artistiq is teaching is what I am teaching too. Melt and pour. But I teach a bit more like showing how to paint and decorate.

Cookie said...

Hi Gina,

Thanks for the information. I know Lynn Chen; I took a macaron class with her before!

I hope to have a chance to learn from you soon.