I managed to make them in my backyard without the so-call Easiyo System. If you are also in the same predicament like my pal, this is want you can do:
- Boil 1L of water, and fill into the thermal flask. Leave it to cool until temperature dip to 50 degree C.
- Add the packet of easiyo yoghurt powder into the flask, and stir lightly.
- Close the thermal flask, and leave it undisturbed for 8-12hours.
- If the yoghurt still looks watery after 12hours, continue to let it ferment until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Once it is creamy like the commercial yoghurt, pour yoghurt into a clean airtight container and store in fridge.
- Consume within 1 week. It is normal if you see a layer of water on top of the yoghurt (that's whey). Just stir it into the yoghurt... remember what don't kill you makes you stronger! Heehee. You do not get whey in commercial yoghurt cos they added stabiliser to keep them emulsified. Yeah, homemade is best!
It was a perfect dessert for me to spring clean my intestine after all the rich and sinful food from CNY.
Here I added some fresh golden kiwi & muesli for a healthy treat! Yummy!