S'more Muffin are essentially Marshmallow Muffin... I read from somewhere that Marshmallow, when baked, it's so good that everyone reaches for some more. Hence the name S'mores Muffin :-)
I divided the batter into 2 - some for s'mores muffin and some banana muffin.
Banana: This is a very nice addition. I use a very very ripe one, it adds an unmistakable aroma to the muffin!
Grapeseed Oil: I like to use oil in muffin as it saves me time to melt the butter, as well as being a healthier choice. Pls feel free to use butter for the buttery taste if you so prefer.
One last thing - this is an excellent recipe for a leisure Sunday breakfast. Just measure and mix all the ingredients in 2 separate bowls the night before. The next morning, turn on the oven & take out the ingredients from the fridge to let them lose the chill while you go wash up or snooze a little more. Then come back and mix them all up within 10 seconds, baked and ENJOY!
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
100 gm. soft brown sugar
60ml milk (I use chocolate milk)
90ml grapeseed oil
150 ml. cola
- Mix all the dry ingredients a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together milk + oil, then coke. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and mix them with a fork in 10 strokes. The mixture will still be lumpy, it is ok.
- Spoon a large spoonful of batter into muffins cups, then add some marshmallow or banana in the centre then top up with another spoon of batter. Spoon remaining batter and divide equally.
- Bake at 190C for about 20 to 25 mins (my oven took 20min) or until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm or cold.