Pages

Banner

Friday, January 16, 2009

Cornmeal Cookie Premix

To be honest, I never quite like premix, be it cookie or cake. I do not know why, it's just a natural resistance. Perhaps I am a control freak who likes to know exactly what goes into my cookie. But after seeing Oi Lin's blog & Freda, a fellow coursemate at BIY, I decided to give it a go!



The cookie dough is quite sturdy, which makes it suitable for roll-out or cookie press. I shape it into rounds and slightly flatten it with fork to get the decorative lines



Taste Test:

My hubby commented that these cookies lack the aroma. Not sure if he meant aroma like Famous Amos :-)

Personally I think this is easy and convenient way to get a home-made cookies for busy mothers. I would probably try add some rum to it to see if the favour improves. Else, I will move on to play with other recipes!


2 comments:

Gina Choong said...

well, i am like you too. Not into premix. Basically, the reason is you never learn the right way to any recipe baking if you use premix. Because everything is done for you. You will never understand how each ingredient works with each other, more or less. As its been tested to work under all normal circumstances.Also, premix tends to be lost in flavour and taste. So your hubby is correct in this sense. Alot of preservatives and additives are added to premix. So these are the reasons why I stayed away from it.

Cookie said...

Hi Gina,

As I read, I recall someone who tells me she enjoys baking... Betty Crocker boxes. She bakes ONLY that! And my jaws went "$%^*... like that call baking agh???"

haha.