I always love Kenny Roger's Muffin... whenever I go to the town office, I will drop by Great World City to lunch at Kenny Roger to savour their corn muffin.
I was in Kuala Lumpur recently for a workshop, and there's a Kenny Roger restaurant at the adjoining mall. They have several flavours of muffin on their menu, but I find them nothing close to what we have in Singapore. So much about standardisation!
This recipe was originally from here but I noticed that it has been taken off their site. Dear Lawyer, if you are reading this and need me to remove the recipe, pls drop me a line at email@example.com
Kenny Roger Cornbread Muffin
½ cup (120ml) butter, softened
½ cup white sugar (original 2/3 cup)
¼ cup (60ml) honey
½ cup (120ml) milk
½ teaspoon salt
Dry ingredients :
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cornmeal
½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup package frozen or canned corn kernels
- Mix dry & wet ingredients in separate bowls.
- Beat the wet ingredients until they are well mixed.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed stage (means the batter still lumpy), throw in the corn kernels.
- Fill muffin cups and bake 200C or 400F for 20-25min
- I very "sotong"... added 60ml of milk instead of 120ml. End up the muffin is hard hard hard! *Stupid ME*
- I made it in silicon mould – no need greasing.
* And the interesting thing is, Bevis was the first to notice that the muffin was too hard. I didn't suspect a thing when I do the routine check by poking the toothpick into the muffin. As the muffin was left to cool on the rack, Bevis touched and said, "Ma, the cake is so HARD".
Bevis, you grow up to be a food connoisseur ok?