I am no lack of recipe for chocolate cakes... In the process of experimenting and trials, I have some really good chocolate cake recipes like this and this, but instead of living with the tried and tested formula, I "stubbornly" venture into the unknown cos deep inside me believe somewhere out there lies a perfect recipe waiting for me to uncover :-)
This is another choco cake recipe taken from KC .
Triple Chocolate refers to cocoa, choc chips and choc frosting. Personally I think this is too chocolatey for me, even without the choc frosting. The one without the chocolate chips was better. Otherwise, this is a simple and good recipe. *GRIN*
Triple Chocolate Delight
30g butter, softened
¼ cup oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 cup flour (levelled and take out 4 tbsp of it)
4 tbsp (¼ cup) cocoa powder
½ cup fine sugar (I reduced by 2 tbsp)
½ cup cold milk (I used chocolate milk)
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp instant coffee mix with a little hot water to form thick paste (or 1 tsp vanilla extract or orange juice with some orange peel)
a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda twice and put it in a deep bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar for 5-10 min until it becomes creamy. Pour the oil little by little until well combine.
- Next, add ¾ of the milk and the coffee paste. Stir well.
- Add this mixture to the flour. Use a fork to mix until the flour and liquid are combine. Use the remaining milk if the batter is too thick. Don't overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips. Give 1-2 stirs. Pour into greased cupcake pan and bake in a preheated 180C oven for 20-25 min. Check the cupcake after 20min. When lightly press in the center, they should not sink.