Pages

Banner

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Touched by an Angel

Bevis asked for a pair for scissors last night. I saw him cutting a page carrying the "stop mosquito breeding" sort of advertisement.

Then he looked up and gave me a slip of paper "S-T-O-P" which he has cut. In his 3-year-oldness naivity, he said, "Mama, this is for you. When your boss scolds you, you take out this paper and tell him to S-T-O-P STOP!".

To me, this is the rawest form of love and concerns coming from the heart of a 3-year-old... If you are a mum, you can feel my euphoria. .

To the love that my little one has showered, I made this bear cookie which he has asked for weeks...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Peanut Butter Cookie
I picked up the recipe from Nic's blog.



Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, slightly softened
½ cup brown sugar (I used 1/3 cup)
½ cup white sugar (I used 1/3 cup)
1 egg ( I replaced with 50ml of milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup peanut butter (I used crunchy ones)




I love this peanut butter, best that I have tasted so far. Unfortunately it's only available at NTUC Finest.

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 350F / 180°C.


  2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.


  3. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in egg/milk, followed by vanilla and peanut butter and beat well.


  4. Add in dry ingredients and beat on low speed until combined.


  5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.


  6. Using a fork, mark grids on the top of each cookie, dipping the fork in water after each cookie. ( this step is important is you want to get the pretty grid markings on the cookie)


  7. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, until the edges just begin to turn brown.


  8. Cool on wire rack. Once cool, store in an airtight container immediately.



Note from Nic: I use natural, salted peanut butter. You get a more buttery cookie by using the natural peanut butter, since it doesn't have all that extra sugar. The cookie will also be more brittle/crumbly if you use processed peanut butter, so I would recommend adding an extra tablespoon of butter.

1 comment:

Halimah Ilavarasi said...

Ur son is very sweet :)